Home / Airline news / Airline “Aurora” can lose the most part of subsidies

Авиакомпания "Аврора" может лишиться большей части субсидий The government of the Sakhalin region took the decision to halve the subsidies of the airline “Aurora” (enters into group “Aeroflot”) on regional transportation. About it writes Kommersant with reference to the Chairman of the regional government Vera Shcherbina.

For 2017 “Aurora” for 1.1 billion rubles, but this sum is “the region can no longer afford” and limit subsidies amount to 500 million rubles, said Mrs. Shcherbina. With the new year benefit will be able to only residents of the Sakhalin region upon presentation of a ticket to the social protection agencies. Also “radically” change the system of subsidies of tickets from the regional budget — the regional flights will be sold at economically reasonable price. Now the tariff on flights to some cities of the region at 7080% below cost.

A single far East carrier Aurora was created in 2013 on the basis of “Sakhalin airlines” and “Vladivostok Avia”. The condition of a participation of regions DFO, who should divide among themselves 49% stake owned by now Sakhalin region. The remaining 51% belongs “to Aeroflot”. In December 2013, in an interview with “Kommersant” the General Director of “Aurora” Constantine Suhorebrik said that the desire to participate in the project in Primorye, Magadan and Amur regions. The contribution of the regions should become the state guarantees, subsidies for transportation and transfer of “Aeroflot” core assets. Now Aurora performs about 85% of all regional flights. But, according to “Aurora” in 2015, subsidies are allocated only two regions: Sakhalin oblast (721,4 million roubles) and Primorye (65,6 million rubles). The Federal budget has provided 7.4 million rubles.

Kommersant’s source familiar with the situation said that the position of the field “can be associated not only with budgetary constraints, but with the unresolved question of entry into the capital of other far Eastern regions”. The airline serves flights to the far East, but significant financial support to her having only one region as “very different from the original idea.” The region continues to support the Park “Aurora” in September, the airline and Corporation of development of the Sakhalin region signed an agreement on the purchase due to the region of the two DHC-6 Twin Otter 400.

Top